‘Got Talent’ Is This Thursday

ACIT’s Talent Show Is Back With A Live Audience

Emily McIntyre, staff reporter

It has officially been one year since the talent show has last taken the stage.

In January, auditions were held in the PAC for the return of Got Talent, ACIT’s annual talent show. With new faces under the spotlight, students of all grades perform what they’re passionate about.

An interesting standout this year, is the high turnout of underclassmen seeking to earn a spot in the show.

“I am most excited about just being able to sing and just be myself in front of the students and staff of our school,” said Zuely Albelo, a sophomore in the Fashion Academy. “Hopefully [I can] get others to come out of their comfort zone and do something they love and show others that.”

Underclassmen aren’t the only ones who are hyped about the show. “I’m hoping to have a great time,” said Luis Geda, a senior in Health Sciences. “I’m not doing the talent show just to win. Whether I win or not, at least I get to show off my talent in front of so many people.”

Guidance counselor Ms. Dennis is running the show this year. Like most fans of talent shows, the excitement is centered around potential winners and the fact that the show is back in front of a live audience. However, there is another aspect of the show that Ms. Dennis appreciates even more.

“I’m also excited to see the growth that will occur between students’ auditions and their performances on the night of the show,” said Ms. Dennis. “It’s great to see their hard work come to fruition, and I consider myself lucky to get to work with them through the process of practicing and finetuning their acts.”

Here are this year’s contestants for ACIT’s Got Talent:

Zuely Albelo
Marangelly Caballero Hernandez
Tianna Calderon
Chris Caracci
Kayla Chalchi Hudson
Cynthia Deocampo, Vivian Velasquez-Banegas (duo)
Steven Fernandez, Luis Geda, Alex Mendoza (trio)
Luis Geda
Azucena Perez, Breyannah Santos, Fernanda Vasquez (group)
Rubi Reyes Hernandez
Tashyah Sample, Theophilus Sample, Joslynn Whaley (duo)

Hosts for this year’s show include:

Carson Clemas
Katie Lamaina
Rafa Recto
Lucien Santoro

The proceeds from Got Talent will go to the junior class. Tickets are on sale now. The show is this Thursday night, March 17, at 7 pm.