ACIT Graduation Is This Wednesday

Some Details About The Event And Advice From Class of 2022’s Top 2 Graduates

Alex Cadavid, staff reporter

The 2021-2022 school year is coming to an end at ACIT. While most students look forward to another year of high school, the senior class looks forward to graduation.
On Wednesday, June 22, the ACIT Class of 2022 will be turning their tassels at the Ocean Casino Resort in Atlantic City. It will be the first indoor graduation ceremony since 2019. It will also be the first time the Ocean Casino Resort hosts the ceremony with a capacity of 3400 seats. In previous years, the ceremony was held at the Tropicana in Atlantic City, and last year at Surf Stadium.
This year’s graduation ceremony begins at 6 p.m. With 391 graduates and eight tickets distributed to each graduate for friends and family to attend, the turnout should be nothing short of packed.
Prior to the big day, students will be participating in graduation practice on Tuesday, June 21. On this date, students will be transported from school to the Ocean Casino Resort to practice the ceremony before heading back to ACIT for lunch and the half-day dismissal.
The class valedictorian is none other than Janish Suneja with an impressive 4.338 GPA.
“I never really focused on becoming valedictorian, [but] more so on bettering myself personally and how I could modify what I do to just be better every day,” says Suneja. “For me, the main benefit was getting used to grueling work before college so it wouldn’t faze me later. With these kinds of more personal goals, you’ll end up shooting farther than you normally would.”
Suneja also reflected on his time at ACIT.
“I think the most important thing I’ve learned at ACIT is the importance of fun in everyday life,” says Suneja. “Believe it or not, those are the moments you are going to remember the most. The simple times where you were just talking with your friends about random stuff or even the ridiculous moments of mindlessness like when your entire computer class just decides to play hangman during a chemical spill. The moments of fun where reality just takes a back seat for a little while are what define my time at ACIT more than anything else.”
Salutatorian Bryce Ballard will also address the graduating class.
“The best piece of advice that I can give for incoming freshmen striving for success, says Ballard, “is to manage their time, stay focused in school, know yourself and your priorities, and make connections because that will always help you no matter what.”
Along with Suneja and Ballard, the ACIT Top Ten include Mary Bennett, Sophia LaPorta, Amiyah Stephens, Grace Speer, Madeline Davis, Donald Reslock, Riya Patel, and Mason Colon.
Additional speeches will be delivered by school principal Mr. Potkay and superintendent Dr. Guenther. From there, the ceremony will move on to the top ten graduates receiving their diplomas, followed by the rest of the graduating class in alphabetical order by academy. Finally, Senior Class President Peter Parlagreco will announce the turning of the tassels.
As the ceremony comes to a close and the procession walks out to Nicki Minaj’s “The Night is Still Young,” the Class of 2022 will “leave the nest,” taking on new paths, new goals, and bigger dreams.